Sunday, January 17, 2016

Living on Campus

When I decided I was going to attend Defiance College, I immediately wanted to live on campus. I knew it would cost more and I only live 30 minutes away, but I wanted to have the "college experience" that everyone has when they are away from home. If I would have decided to stay at home, I would not have the friends and relationships I have today. The softball team is like family to me. I do not think I would be as close with the the girls or have gotten to do half the things I have with them if I did not live here. Also, I have such a wide variety of friends from other sports and classes. Some of my best friends are sophomores and juniors on the golf and tennis teams! Other really close friends of mine are all classes on the baseball, volleyball, football, and basketball teams. Being an Athletic Training major has also helped me to gain these friendships as well. Already, I have a large number of fun, happy, and exciting memories with all my new friends. I am beyond happy of my choice to live on campus while attending Defiance College. If I would not have chosen to live on campus, I do not think I would have the friendships and bonds I have today.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your topic, because I can relate to exactly what you are saying. I am also very impressed with how well this is written and how easy it is to read. Great job Michaela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story gives me a different perspective of why some people live on campus! You explained yourself very well!

    ReplyDelete