Sunday, January 24, 2016

One Good Season

During my senior season of softball, I went on a streak. I hit a total of seven home runs over the entire season, with five being five games straight. My first homer of the season, believe it or not, was the very first game of the year. We were at North Central and we had been fighting back and forth all day. After an inning full of errors, we were tied at 3. I was the fourth batter and all of the people in front of me got on base. I had a couple pitches go by before I got my perfect pitch. I swung and It went over the centerfield fence. I hit my first home run and grand slam of the year. The next inning we got the three outs and won the game 7-3. My never five home runs were a little later in the season. The second one was on a Saturday at Delta. It was a beautiful day! The first warm day we had to play on. I got up to bat in the fourth spot, and my very first pitch I hit over the fence. We won that game 9-1. My third home run was against Edgerton on that next Monday. We played a very good defensive game that helped us win this game. The only scoring though was my two-run home run in about the fourth inning. We won that game 2-0. The fourth home run was at Holgate. We played right beside the baseball team during this game. Our pitcher threw a no-hitter, but we won 11-0. My home run was about the third inning. Even the baseball players and their parents heard us when I hit it. This was when the team started counting what number I was at. When I got on the bus after the game they asked me if I hit another one. All I did was show them the ball and smile. The fifth home run came at Patrick Henry on Thursday. This game started off very rough. It was a legit "fight" back and forth for the lead. We started ahead, then they got ahead by a few for a while. That was when I hit a 3-run home run to put us back in the lead. From then on, everyone started hitting very well and we won the game 16-10. Friday we had practice and I even hit a home run off our pitcher while we were doing live hitting on the field! Saturday we traveled to Lincolnview. It was a very rainy and crappy day, but our bats worked very well. There was a total of four of us that hit a home run that day! That was my sixth home run and the last of the streak. My last home run came later at Tinora. I played travel ball with their starting pitcher and I always hit well off of her. I hit it very high right on the left field line. It stayed fair, but just barely. Later in the game, Coach Holava and Coach Butt came to watch. They talked to my parents and asked if I hit a home run jokingly. My parents told them I did and they just laughed. Overall, I hit over .550 my senior year. I would say that my senior year was my best year of High School softball, which makes me happy because I went out on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment